ME 3D has a range of highly accurate 3D Printers and Digital Scanners that are suitable for every commercial, industrial, and consumer based application and all our equipment provides industrial grade accuracy.
Our 3D Printers use high grade and high-performance thermoplastics used historically in engineering- and traditional manufacturing processes. With our printers, we can produce complex, high-requirement parts in a fast and efficient manner while providing flexibility, responsiveness, and control that cannot be obtained with historical manufacturing processes. All produced parts have a smooth surface finish.
Our machines can print in the following materials:
- Nylon 12
- is suitable for applications requiring: repetitive snap fits, high fatigue resistance, strong chemical resistance and press (friction) fit inserts. Nylon 12 is primarily used in aerospace, automotive and consumer goods industries to take on everything from tooling, jigs and fixtures to covers, panels and vibration resistant components.
- is a strong, heat-resistant engineering plastic commonly used in food and drug packaging and medical device manufacturing. It is bio-compatible, gamma and EtO sterilisable and complies with ISO 10993 and USP Class VI.
- provides exceptional UV stability and the best aesthetics of any FDM thermoplastic. ASA is poised to become the most popular all-purpose prototyping material. ASA exceeds the mechanical properties of ABS. Its UV-resistance makes it especially suited in end-use parts for outdoor commercial and infrastructure use. And its wide selection of colours and matte finish makes it ideal for attractive prototypes in consumer sporting goods, tools and automotive components and accessories.
- is the most widely used industrial thermoplastics. PC-ABS offers the most desirable properties of both materials – the superior strength and heat resistance of PC and the flexibility of ABS. PC-ABS blends are commonly used in automotive, electronics and telecommunications applications. PC-ABS gives conceptual modelling, functional prototyping, manufacturing tools and end-use-parts.
- is a true industrial thermoplastic, PC (carbonate) is widely used in automotive, aerospace, medical and many other applications. PC offers accuracy, durability and stability, creating strong parts that withstand functional testing. It also has superior mechanical properties to ABS and a number of other thermoplastics. PC gives you strong parts for conceptual modelling, functional prototyping, manufacturing tools, and end-use parts.
- PLA stands for polyactic acid, a bio-plastic derived from corn. PLA is a hard, strong material with a low rate of thermal expansion. PLA is suitable for most consumer based applications, prototypes, functional models not requiring to function under stress or load, and all indoor decorative applications for home and commercial use. PLA is a very popular filament among the “maker crowd” do to its relatively inexpensive price and biodegradability.
Our assortment of 3D Printers provide capacity and accuracy with a wide variety of materials suitable for the following industries…
- food and drug
- consumer goods
- sporting goods industries
- many others
Within these industries we address applications such as..
- automotive components
- and fixtures
- vibration resistant components
- conceptual models
- packaging concepts
- medical devices
- functional prototypes
- manufacturing tools
- end use components
Our Comet L3D 8MP manufactured by a manufacturer based in Germany, Zeiss Industrial Metrology It is a professional 3D scanner equipped with a high-performance 3D sensor which uses innovative structured blue LED lighting 3D scanning technology. The sensor produces highly accurate 3D data clusters and is the ideal solution for producing fast and super high quality results without compromising quality of data. With this professional 3D scanner ME 3D can perform control/inspection, mould and tool making, rapid manufacturing and 3D printing, reverse engineering and archaeology functions.
Designing a 3D Digital File is a technical and complex process. Many firms have technical staff that can effectively and efficiently create a file that will produce a fantastic 3D Print. But when you or your firm do not have the time or resources you can turn to ME 3D to assist you in these processes. In every situation if you wish to have an item 3D Printed you will need to have a 3D Digital file in an acceptable file format.
Manage a design project from concept to print: If you have a sketch and some rough details you can sit with our designer in order to convey your idea to them. After the initial session they will get to work and create a digital design that they can present to you so you can review the design and discuss adjustments to the design. Once you and the designer have take the design to your desired state the item can be 3D Printed. Please contact us to discuss the details of your project and we will provide an offer for the complete project from inception to delivery of your model or functional part.
Portal / Virtual Warehouse
Gone are the days of needing to hold spares in your warehouse waiting for the event where a customer calls desperation looking for a a spare from a product from 15 years ago. There is no further need order overruns of spares and then hold them in your spares area for legacy products.
You can upload your digital files to our Portal, define and the necessary specifications for that part, and when the need arrives order the component along with the required delivery address and ME 3D will label the packaging as if it came directly from your warehouse.
If you do have have digital 3D Files for your legacy parts that is not a problem. ME 3D with can scan all necessary parts into a digital file and load them onto our Portal so that you can then in turn define all necessary specifications. You or your customer will received a highly accurate component on demand each and every time.
Contact ME 3D to discuss how we can save your company money, increase your available working capital, and allow you to provide exception customer service in a timeless manner.
CNC Milling and Turning
In collaboration with our 3D Design capabilites we offer CNC Milling and CNC Turning as a rapid service. There are certain situations where CNC Maching is more cost effective and efficient as 3D Printing. (This will change in a few years!!). In an effort to provide our customers with a full spectrum of servies we include CNC Machining as a service.
You can provide your CAD data to us and we can quote you on the CNC processing of that component. We can machine all metal no matter if it is a high-grade engineering grade metal or a standard metal we are able to do the job for you.
Vibratory Finishing or Mass finishing is a process by which the surface of an object is modified or smooth to obtain a desirec smoothness or texture. It can also be used for deburring, radisusing edges, smoothing surfaces, polishing surfaces, or removing surface grease eitther one by one or in mass quantities.
The vibratory machine uses a wide variety of differerent medias to obtain varying goals. The individual kernals of media come in a wide variety of shapes are are made from a wide varietyh of materials dependant upon the taks at hand. The media kernals can be made from ceramic, glass, plastic, polyester, walnuts, corn, kitty litter, and a vast variety of other compounds. The media is usual mixed with a finsihing compound and after the process is completed it is rinsed.
- 3D Print service for Industrial Applications
- 3D Print service for Functional Prototypes
- 3D Print service for Consumer and Private Applications
- 3D Print service for Production Applications for Industry
- 3D Development Services and CAD Development
- 3D High Resolution Scanning Services
- Support contact area finishing
- Surface finishing and refinement
- Spray painting of finished components
- Powder Painting of finished components
- Metalising of printed objects
- Many other services that would allow the customer to received a finished usable product.